Monday, November 22, 2010

Huntington Library and Gardens

This was a day trip that I took yesterday up to The Huntington Library and Gardens in San Marino. We had a good rainstorm the previous night and into the early morning. Everything was fresh and clean and all the flowers and leaves still had raindrops clinging to them. The air was crisp and the surrounding mountains were shrouded in mist and snow. All in all, an absolutely perfect day! I was in heaven. We had tea, scones and finger sandwiches in their yummy tea room and then we walked through every garden and gallery on the premises. Our legs were very tired by the end of the day, but it was well worth it! Here are some of my favorite spots and photos from the day. I had a hard time figuring out which photos I wanted to post, everything was so beautiful...so, please forgive me for posting so many!

This is one of my favorite photos of the day. I love the colors and all the raindrops...it almost looks like frost.
Looks like a lovely place to sit and read a book for awhile.
One of the galleries.

Another beautiful gallery.

The Rose Garden was simply amazing.









The Japanese Garden.
These trees were just incredible.
Japanese home.
Field of gold.
These were in the Sub-Tropical Garden. I am not sure what they are, but thought they were beautiful.
The Desert Garden. I loved this blue color.
Again, I am not sure what this plant is, but it looked like a bunch of little stars with some thorns thrown in.
Wine break. While this was not one of my favorite photos, it was a nice little break after walking a long while. Also, this little bottle cost quite a lot of money (all in support of art!), so thought it deserved a place in the blog.
Inside one of the galleries. I thought the hallway and staircase were stunning.
This is my other favorite photo of the day. I loved the colors, the shadow of the lamp on the wall, and the way this chair and lamp were positioned next to the painting.
The entrance into The Children's Garden. It felt like entering a fairy tale.
The Chinese Garden. I loved this leaf window.
The Chinese Garden bridge with willows hanging in front of it.
Another shot of the bridge through some of the incredible woodwork.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53624362@N04/sets/72157625321893825/

No comments:

Post a Comment