Monday, May 2, 2011

Wetlands - May, 2011

Just thought I'd post a few photos from a walk around the Bolsa Chica Wetlands yesterday. Not the best time of day to take photos in the wetlands, but I got a few decent shots.  Vacation is coming up in a few weeks (YAY!), so I am looking forward to updating the blog regularly with some interesting thoughts and sights.
Egret amidst a field of gold algae.
Tern in flight.
This little tern landed near us and hammed it up.
Same egret, a different pose.
Someone lost their hat in the algae.
This little guy came over to us to say hi. He wanted to know why I was only taking photos of the big birds!
Egrets
Terns
Great Blue Heron
I love this photo. It looks like Ms. Egret is taking a dramatic leave of us, with her tail feathers all aflutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment