Friday, January 29, 2016

Wow, I was wrong…it’s been four years since I posted on this blog…time sure flies! Anyway, had some time to spare at the airport before leaving, so started thinking about why the start of a trip is so different for me than the end of a trip?  I like home just fine…but I always feel so free when embarking on a trip. Then, I realized that the start of a trip/big adventure is sort of like being a kid…the possibilities for the adventure to come are pretty much endless…anything is possible…and there are not all the responsibilities of being an adult. I don’t think it gets any better than that!

Travel, in general, is so cool because you meet so many different sorts of people. Not five minutes after I walked into John Wayne Airport, a woman was standing near the sink area in the restroom and was looking intensely at me as I walked in. I used a sink at a different area on the opposite side of her but had to walk past her to get out of the restroom (she was still standing in the exact same spot!). I should have known better…I knew there was something strange happening…but I made the mistake of making eye contact with her. *sigh* She immediately started telling me ALL about her urinary tract infection and how she had to pee every few minutes and how it was affecting her job because she was spending so much time in the restroom (she worked at one of the stores in the airport and got in trouble every time she had to leave). She was looking at me like I had the answers! After listening to her for a couple of minutes or so, I suggested calling her doctor right away and hightailed it out of there!

Got into Bozeman about 11:05 PM after an extremely bumpy ride into SLC…so bumpy that the flight attendants never once got out of their seats and no beverages were served L.  No matter how much I fly, I’m still a complete wimp when it comes to persistent intense turbulence and I really could have used a “beverage.” I always try to channel my mom during turbulence because it never bothered her a bit! Thankfully the flight to Bozeman was fairly quick and uneventful.


Happy at the hotel now and should be getting to sleep soon! Big day tomorrow…meeting up with my group at 1:15 to head to Gardiner, Montana. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment